Saturday, May 15, 2010

tags:
IRON MAN 2 movie watch, watch IRON MAN 2 movie, online watch IRON MAN 2 movie, free IRON MAN 2 film watch, IRON MAN 2 movie trailer, IRON MAN 2 hindi movie review

IRON MAN 2 was pretty hard on Iron Man's last solo game. I ranted about the  "next-gen" versions of the game being bogged down in ridiculous enemies,  a radar that was nearly impossible to read, and the general lack of  feeling like I was actually Iron Man. I dropped a 3.8 on the games and  even doubled backed to list five steps   SEGA could take  to make sure the next title doesn't suck.

After playing every version of Iron Man 2 this  morning, it app
ears SEGA listened to me… and the thousands of other  Shellhead fans who were disappointed two years ago.

Don't take that as a blanket statement. There are still things that  irked me about the Iron Man titles I played today, but there is some  good stuff going on here. For starters, the porting problem appears to  have been halted. Iron Man 2 on the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 is its own  game, Iron Man 2 on the Wii/PSP is its own game, and Iron Man 2 on the  DS is its own game. Every version shares the same story, but it is not  pulled from the movie. This tale takes place in the movie universe, but  it's not rehashing the big screen version, and it's written by  Invincible Iron Man scribe Matt Fraction. On top of that, Samuel L.  Jackson and Don Cheadle are on hand to voice their characters (Nick Fury  and Rhodes if you're a noob), and although Robert Downey Jr. isn't  voicing Tony Stark this time around, Eric Loomis – the voice of Iron Man  from the animated flicks – is on hand to give a really good performance  from the little I got to see today. 

Basically, there's hope for this game, folks. 



Watch new Iron Man 2 footage and listen to Lamb of God.

Watch new Iron Man 2 footage and listen to Lamb of  God.

Like I said, each game shares  the same story, so every demo began with bad guys from Roxxon busting  into a Stark compound and trying to steal the backup files for Jarvis,  Tony's right hand, robo-butler. From there, things got different.

Before I even got into the first level of Iron Man 2, SEGA  representatives asked me what I hated about Iron Man. I mentioned flight  controls, the controller-hurling level of difficulty as the screen  filled with bad guys, and the fact that I didn't feel like I was a  superhero.

Their response was, "Good, we fixed all that."

I only got through about two missions in this version, so whether or not  everything is ironed out in Iron Man 2 remains to be seen, but I can  tell you that I did have fun wailing on bad guys as Tony Stark and I'm  anxious to dive into the upgrade system SEGA has created.

However, the first thing I noticed about this version of Iron Man 2 was  that the visuals weren't up to snuff. Sure, this is preview code and not  the final release, but Tony Stark's head and body are blocky, Rhodes'  eyes look weird, and one of the backgrounds for the sky I was flying in  front of looked all sorts of pixilated. Usually I'd save that kind of  criticism for the end of a preview – you know, talk about the stuff that  excites me first – but this was my off-the-cuff first impression. 


Man vs. Tank: Round 2.

Man vs. Tank: Round 2.

Still,  the thing is, I didn't really mind the visuals. I wish they were  sharper, sure, but I found myself getting caught up in the story and  action more than pissing and moaning about how things looked. The scene I  saw of Stark and Rhodes clowning around was great, and when Sam Jackson  popped up to deliver his Fury lines, he sounds natural. Frankly, I'm  sick of big names phoning in vocal performances in games, and these  three sounded spot-on in the section I saw. 

Now, the game actually opens on a bit of a down note. Like I said, it  starts with Roxxon trying to steal Jarvis, so Stark has to fly into his  own compound and take on his own gadgets that have been turned against  him. As this gets going, the bad guys unleash an electromagnetic pulse  that takes out all of the tech and knocks Iron Man offline. The hero  begins having a heart attack and can't get Jarvis back online. From  there, you get the flashback movie I was just complimenting for sounding  great, and then, you're back to Iron Man dying on the floor. The hero  gets the machine running, and slowly your abilities start coming online –  slow enough that you're getting the hang of it in typical tutorial  fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment